If you are local to Whitstable you might like to join our team! We have a wonderful staff community - some have been with us for 50 years! And we're currently recruiting for the following positions: closing date for applications 7th June 2020
Creative Window Dresser
Calling all creatives! Would you love to find a job that allows you to unleash your creativity for the whole of Whitstable to see?! We are looking for a dynamic imaginative person full of fun ideas to dress our 7 store front windows, themed on particular product lines and seasons.
Our windows are critical to our business success and will be planned in co-ordination with store owner Lucy. They can be installed across a flexible (within reason) 8 hours a week. Training will be provided so previous experience isn't necessary but we are looking for someone extremely reliable and friendly with creative style and great ideas to bring our Whitstable windows to life!
Salary is £8.72 per hour
If this sounds perfect for you, please email email@example.com with the subject line: WINDOWS saying why you'd like the job and why you think you'd be great at it and Lucy will be in touch.
Closing date for applications is 7th June.
Online Fulfilment and Shipping Co-ordinator
Our online business is growing and we need a new member of the team to assist with keeping our customers very happy! We are looking for someone exceptionally reliable and conscientious, who isn't afraid to muck in with whatever needs to be done.
The role in a nutshell: Fulfilment management and customer service
- Managing our online order fulfilment journey effectively and efficiently - from printing off the orders, picking, packing, dispatching and ensuring their safe delivery to customers.
- Customer service. Providing helpful support relating to the queries and needs of our online customers.
Day to day tasks will include:
- Managing the fulfilment process via the back office software for the website. Training will be given on all the systems and processes to enable efficient processing of online orders, but you will need to be comfortable with digital/computers etc.
- Printing off the orders, packing slips and address labels.
- Picking and packing orders. Following and developing efficient, effective processes to pack products, to ensure they will reach customers without damage.
- Planning and co-ordinating the collection of parcels ready for dispatch
- Managing the re-ordering of packaging materials to ensuring we always have an appropriate amount of materials to pack orders.
- Managing the paperwork processes in place to ensure that any orders requiring additional or bespoke action are carried out and dispatched.
- Checking the progress of parcels from dispatch to delivery. This will involve liaising with the couriers and communicating with the customers over delivery / parcel issues.
- Customer service - answering calls and emails relating to all aspects of online orders in a timely and helpful manner.
Joining George's is joining the family and you will be a hugely valued member of our lovely team. We will provide plenty of support and training to ensure you are equipped with the skills and knowledge to complete all the above tasks and plenty of tea and biscuits.
- 5 days a week, 8.5 hour days with half an hour for lunch
- No previous experience is necessary however competency with a computer and digital systems is required.
- Full disclosure - this is is a full on, physically and mentally challenging job which at times has deadline pressure but there's great camaradrie and job satisfaction.
- Due to busy online periods and courier collection schedules, we require some set days to be worked which are Monday, Thursday and Friday and one day over the weekend. Days off will be either Tuesday or Wednesday, Saturday or Sunday.
All working practices will be carried out taking into consideration the ‘Working Safely during COVID-19 in George’s Whitstable’ and government guidelines.
This position is subject to all statutory entitlements and employment legislation.
The salary is £8.72 per hour.
If this sounds perfect for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: FULFILMENT saying why you'd like the job and why you think you'd be great at it and Lucy will be in touch. Please include a CV if you have one.
Closing date for applications is 7th June.